Heart4Honduras is a nonprofit organization with ambition to inspire hope and contribute to the health and well-being of the youth community.
Our goal is to provide immediate and lasting change in Honduras through our programs and to diminish the cycle of poverty, malnutrition and resource insufficiencies these youth face.
Currently, our programs integrate youth safely from orphanage into society and provide them with sufficient social, educational and developmental resources to create new futures for their lives as well as for generations to come.
Current Mentor Programs
We currently employ and have Heart4Honduras (H4H) volunteers who live and work in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. They organize engaging activities such as hiking, beach trips, soccer games, and volunteer outreaches. These opportunities allow for our H4H mentors and volunteers to form relationships with the youth, influencing their lives. We encourage and help fund our youth to continue education, and to maintain practical skills which will help them transition into their adult lives. Emotional support is also provided to encourage and maintain healthy relationships.
- Children In Need of a Mental HomeA Deeper Look into the Development of an Orphan The media has trained us to see orphaned children in a particularly dim and ominous light; sad and destined for struggle; for hardship. Is this far from reality? I believe this is a question left in the hands of those whoContinue reading “Our Mission”
- The Side of Short Term Giving No One Talks AboutI believe the desire to help others is innate. There are so many examples of programs, organizations, communities, and even careers based on the principle of servicing other human beings. The side of this idea of “help” that doesn’t see the spotlight too often is the definition of what itContinue reading “Our Mission”
- Tips for Your First Trip to HondurasI don’t know about you, but when my life feels stagnant for any amount of time I get that itch to travel. How lucky are we that we get to travel for a great cause? We would be so completely honored to be able to bring volunteers with us whenContinue reading “Our Mission”
- Actions Speak Louder Than WordsMy first experience in Honduras is something I speak about often. I believe this to be the case because it was the very first time I had ever done something completely out of my comfort zone. I was 19 years old and had just finished my first year at BostonContinue reading “Our Mission”
- ReactionI have grown up in a Christian family all my life, have had the best example of parents, my mom has preached in many churches and my father is recognized as one of the exemplary doctors in San Pedro, which has helped thousands of children in the country, but …Continue reading “Our Mission”
- The Same FatherSunday’s are our H4H Devotional Day at Sendoros de Amor. I spent a pleasant time talking with children and youth. I also took advantage to play soccer for an hour with them. It is good because not only does it develop their ability for sports, it also provides an opportunityContinue reading “Our Mission”
Lets Build Something Together
Follow us or consider donation